Wohoo! Got around to doing Pinks Quiz, I know I hardly post at the moment. After season and the wedding, I shall make an effort to post daily! It will be one of my new years resolutions!
1. Who introduced Turkeys to Europe?
My guess would be the British, but I have no clue.
2. What is Gammon?
Cured pig meat, traditionally the hide leg which is deboned.
3. What are the three main ingredients of the cocktail Cosmopolitan?
Vodka, triple sec, cranberry juice and lime juice
4. What are Mince pies filled with nowadays?
dried fruit, apples, some spices, and alcohol.
5. What is a Bundt cake?
Well, it’s actually rather simple. A bundt cake is a cake baked in a bundt pan. The bundt pan is a cake pan which is shaped in a distinctive ridged ring shape. This cake was such a craze when I lived in the USA, you would walk into any bakery type place or food place and you always had the option of a million different flavors of bundt cake.
6. Where did Panforte originate from?
Italy, it’s a dessert very similar to fruit cake.
7. What is sprue?
The first pickings or “thinning” of the asparagus is known as the sprue
8. What is fresh coriander called in America?
Cilantro – one of my favorite herbs to use! The freshness is so unique!
9. In which country is stollen a traditional Christmas cake?
10. What is Chami?
From my understanding it is a sort of Filipino type dish. But I am not 100% sure about this.